Title: Development Associate
Department: Development, Grant Writing, Fundraising & Outreach
Employment Level: Full-Time (32 to 40 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director & Development Director
Mountain Area Preservation mission is to preserve the Truckee-Tahoe region’s community character and natural environment for present and future generations.
Mountain Area Preservation seeks an experienced fundraiser to fulfill the position of Development Associate. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of private philanthropy, benefiting the conservation and environmental sector of the Truckee-Tahoe region.
Job Purpose: Implements Mountain Area Preservation’s fundraising, development and outreach initiatives. Helps to direct a unified message regarding the mission and vision for Mountain Area Preservation.
Development Associate Duties: The Development Associate will work collaboratively with the MAP Development Director to execute development programs including grant research, grant writing, letters of interest, grant reports and special event planning. The Development Associate will also help manage the membership database, membership communications/appeals and outreach programs geared towards growing MAP’s membership base.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience in non-profit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, motivated, attention to detail.
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience.
- Minimum 3 years of grant writing and reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas of development and fundraising programs.
- Experience with successful grant writing and an ability to execute professional donor communications.
- Interest in all aspects of philanthropy and a dedication to promoting MAP’s core mission and priorities through excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Passion for the non-profit and environmental sector.
- Familiarity with current planned giving vehicles and trends.
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience using Donor Database systems
- Social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Website maintenance (WordPress experience)
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and to be determined based upon qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, resume and grant writing example to Alexis Ollar, Mountain Area Preservation Executive Director at Alexis@mapf.org. The position will be open until filled, interviews will be held on a rolling basis.