Purpose: The purpose of the project is to revitalize and enhance this long forgotten park in Truckee’s Historic Downtown while protecting a Truckee natural resource, Trout Creek. Location: Corner of Jibboom & Bridge Street in Historic Downtown Truckee.
Trout Creek is a vital tributary beginning in Tahoe Donner and linking to the Truckee River Watershed. Some of the historical uses at the site included powering a lumber mill, feeding ponds for ice harvest and transportation for logging channels. During early Truckee development, the creek was diverted 90 degrees from its original path through Downtown and funneled further east, north of the Railyard. The diversion and lack of care at the site has created lasting impacts to the ecosystem of Trout Creek.
With MAP’s leadership, the site, now known as Trout Creek Pocket Park, is currently planned, permitted, designed and ready for construction in 2015. The park will provide visitors with a cultural, historical and environmental place to experience the unique character of our region. Your donation to the Trout Creek Pocket park ensures:
- Connection to the Trout Creek & Legacy Trails
- Restored habitat & native plantings
- Improved water quality to the Truckee River
- Bench & natural boulder seating, ADA tables
- Solar light installations & green building initiatives
- Custom art bike racks & rotating art display
- An interpretive kiosk with habitat & historical information.
Trout Creek Pocket Park Donor Opportunities
- $20/up – Friend of Trout Creek – Recognition on MAP Website as Friend of Trout Creek
- $1,000 – Kiosk Listing (10 Available) Donor Recognition on Interpretive Kiosk
- $2,500 – Solar Light (2 Available) Recognition on plaque at base of light
- $5,000 – Park Bench (1 Reserved; 3 Available) Debossed engraving on bench
- $5,000 – Custom Pavers (10 Available) Custom-shaped Trout Paver
- $10,000 – Art Display (1 Available) Recognition on rotating art sculpture
- $10,000 – Interpretive Kiosk Sponsor (1 Reserved)
- Click the Donate Now button below and designate “Pocket Park” in 2nd step memo field for your donation.
For more information please call 530-582-6751 or email Development Director, Nikki Riley Nikki@mapf.org.